Monday, April 7, 2008

Insanity in the Shower

When we bought our house I was so happy. It was good to have a place of my own...finally. But little did I know what laid in store for me. Showering has been an absolute nightmare.

Let me first describe my showering set up (one day I'll get some pictures, but since the dog ate the digital camera, this probably won't be soon). I have a stand alone shower with a big soaking whirl pool tub next to it. Initially the problem was water pressure. Shower was like showering under water fountain...it was terrible.

To correct this I took the shower head off and removed the water saver, then reinstalled. This really help the water pressure, but it had one devastating consequence, that no one could have predicted. The whistle!

The whistle occurs when the water gets to be the exact temperature that I enjoy my showers...up a few degrees still there but not as bad, but way too hot...down a few degrees, the same except too cold. I can't express to you enough how terrible this whistle is, especially at 5:30am. It is the exact tone that if exposed to it for long enough, it will drive you mad!

I hate it so much and recently it seems to have gotten worse. So on the way home from work today I stopped at Lowe's and bought a new shower head. I would have paid hundreds, but luckily I only had to spend about $30. It is now installed and I'm hoping this will solve the problem.

If this doesn't solve the problem I think I will either call a plumber or sell the house...I don't think I can continue living with it...

1 comment:

TINK said...

You wouldn't sell the house! You just bought it!!!! Besides, why didn't you look into the plumbing before you purchased the house? Are you some kind of schelp??? :) But I guess on the brighter side it was better than Summerville right??? LOL